As lysine is the first limiting amino acid in pig diets, ideal protein is set in ratio to lysine levels and pig diets are usually formulated to contain a specific level of lysine and CP to ensure an adequate supply of other amino acids.
What does LYS stand for?
LYS stands for Lysine (Amino Acid)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LYS
We have 22 other meanings of LYS in our Acronym Attic
- Love You Really
- Lake Yacht Racing Association
- Literature for Young Readers (Youngstown State University; Youngstown, OH)
- Lavender Youth Recreation and Information Center
- Lead Yard Services
- Local Yarn Store
- Local Youth Service (Ireland)
- Love Your Space (professional organization services; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Love Yourself
- Lyon, France - Satolas (Airport Code)
- Lafayette Youth Soccer Association (Lafayette, LA)
- Lebanon Youth Soccer Association (Ohio)
- Liberal Youth South Asia (Sri Lanka)
- Lincoln Youth Soccer Association (Lincoln, RI)
- Loudonville Youth Soccer Association (Loudonville, Ohio)
- Lowell Youth Soccer Association
- Lymphoma Academic Research Organisation (France)
- Lymes Youth Service Bureau (Old Lyme, CT)
- Lititz Youth Soccer Club (Pennsylvania)
- Lower Yukon School District (Alaska)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lysine is a limiting amino acid in cereal grains and some vegetable protein sources.
When a cell has sufficient lysine, the amino acid binds to the riboswitch, triggering a structural change that blocks manufacture of the first enzyme in lysine production.
du Pont de Nemours and Company (Wilmington, DE) has patented four chimeric genes, a first encoding lysine-insensitive aspartokinase, which is operably linked to a plant chloroplast transit sequence, a second encoding lysine-insensitive dihydrodipicolinic acid synthase, which is operably linked to a plant chloroplast transit sequence, a third encoding a lysine-rich protein, and a fourth encoding a plant lysine ketoglutarate reductase, all operably linked to plant seed-specific regulatory sequences.
One of the most frequent requests we receive from readers is for information on lysine therapy to share with their family and friends who suffer from painful and unsightly mouth sores.
After finding no proof, China has stopped investigation into dumping charge against lysine monohydrochloride feed grade (MFG) from Indonesia.