Lynyrd Skynyrd at The Sage Gateshead Even a simple man can explain the allure of Lynyrd Skynyrd two years shy of the band's 50th anniversary.
What does LS stand for?
LS stands for Lynyrd Skynyrd (band)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LS
We have 94 other meanings of LS in our Acronym Attic
- Lucky Strike (cigarettes)
- Luke Skywalker (Star Wars character)
- Lump Sum
- Lunar Scout
- Lunar Surface
- Lung Sounds
- Lute Society (London, UK)
- Luxury Sedan
- Luzerne and Susquehanna Railway
- Office for National Statistics Longitudinal Study (UK)
- Rolladen-Schneider (German glider manufacturer)
- Sandia Laboratories, Livermore
- Sick Leave
- Lasallian Ministry Action Plan
- Lichen Sclerosus et Atrophicus
- Literature, Science and the Arts
- Long Service and Good Conduct (UK and Canadian military decoration)
- Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
- Light Science and Magic (book)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, this year also marks the 35th anniversary of the airplane crash that killed singer Ronnie Van Zant, guitarist Steve Gaines and backup singer Cassie Gaines, as well as tour manager Dean Kilpatrick and the plane's two pilots and put Lynyrd Skynyrd in dry dock for a decade, as well as the 25th anniversary of the surviving members' decision to reunite.
LYNYRD SKYNYRD A plane crash in 1977 claimed the lives of three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, including singer Ronnie Van Zandt.
It's already topped the US charts thanks to Lynyrd Skynyrd soundalike single All Summer Long (which incorporates a snatch of Sweet Home Alabama) but it's a schizophrenic set, half of which comprises good 'ol boy Lynyrd licks with the rest consisting of sub-Kiss pop rockola.
Byline: Scott McLennan COLUMN: MUSIC REVIEW MANSFIELD - If given the chance, the surviving members of Lynyrd Skynyrd would give Mount Rushmore a face-lift, adding the visages of fallen comrades Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, Leon Wilkeson and Allen Collins.