In 2002/03, before the recommendations, 2% (n=332) of DCIS cases had axillary lymph node clearance; by 2006/07, after the ATR, the proportion of axillary clearance was zero but 22% (n=362) of the cases in that year had axillary lymph node sampling and SLNB accounted for 91 % of the 362 cases.
What does LNS stand for?
LNS stands for Lymph Node Sampling
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LNS
We have 71 other meanings of LNS in our Acronym Attic
- Length Not Specified
- Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome (inherited disorder)
- Liberation News Service
- Lincoln North Star (Lincoln, NE high school)
- Literacy and Numeracy Strategy (New Zealand)
- Literacy Nova Scotia
- Local Needlework Shop
- Local Network Service
- Logarithmic Number System
- London Nautical School (UK)
- Linux Netwosix Security Advisories
- Seaman Apprentice, Legalman Striker (Naval Rating)
- Lion Nathan School of Business (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Laboratory for Natural and Simulated Cognition (McGill University; Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Lake Norman Soccer Club (Mooresville, NC)
- Landelijk Notarieel Studenten Congres (Dutch: National Student Notarial Congress)
- Local Network Service Center
- Lough Neagh Sailing Club (Northern Ireland, UK)
- Laboratory of Nervous System Disorders (Albany, NY)
- Laurel Net Serial Driver (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prior to radiation therapy, all had undergone single lymph node sampling or axillary dissection; some had chemotherapy.
There were 66 complete lymphadenectomies, 30 lymph node samplings, and 4 debulking of enlarged nodes.
Pelvic and aortic lymph node sampling may or may not have been done, at the discretion of their surgeons.
9) Nevertheless, since at least some of these patients will require lymph node sampling as a result of this finding, it would be of value if patients at risk for invasion could be identified.