Boucher, MD Introduction Long-acting luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists, such as goserelin, have been used for locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer for many years and are the main forms of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT).
What does LHRH stand for?
LHRH stands for Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone (produced in hypothalamus)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LHRH
We have 8 other meanings of LHRH in our Acronym Attic
- Lawyers for Human Rights and Development (Sri Lanka)
- Library Human Resources Department
- Lactogenic Hormone Responsive Element (genetics)
- Low Heat Rejection Engine (automotive)
- Lower Hybrid Range of Frequencies
- Luteinizing Hormone Releasing Factor (endocrinology)
- Large Heterogeneous Reference Fuel Design Study
- Living History Resource Group (Australia)
- Lead Hazard Reduction Grant and Loan Program
- Luteal Hormone Releasing Hormone
- Luteotrophic Hormone-Releasing Hormone (neuroscience)
- LHRH (luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone)-Degrading Activity
- Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone Agonist
- Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone Analogue
- Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone Receptor (protein receptor)
- Lawson Health Research Institute (Canada)
- Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- Lift Heavy Run Long (training progams)
- Local Housing and Redevelopment Law (est. 1992; New Jersey)
- Lucas Heights Research Laboratories (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Time to normalization of serum testosterone after 3-month luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist administered in the neoadjuvant setting: implications for dosing schedule and neoadjuvant study consideration.
The panel recommended either bilateral orchiectomy or injections with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) as initial androgen-deprivation treatments.