This is diagnosed by performing a blood test for two antibodies; the anticardiolipin antibody and the lupus anticoagulant.
What does LAC stand for?
LAC stands for Lupus Anticoagulant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LAC
We have 405 other meanings of LAC in our Acronym Attic
- Loop Assignment Center
- Los Alamos County (New Mexico)
- Los Angeles Clippers
- Los Angeles County
- Lotus Authorized Consultants
- Loud and Clear (Cranberries song)
- Louisiana Administrative Code
- Low Altitude Cruise
- Low Ambient Control (air temperature)
- Low Authority Control
- Liberia Annual Conference United Methodist Church
- Los Angeles County / University of Southern California Medical Center
- Ladies Apparel Contractors Association (New York, NY)
- Latin American Chaplains Association (Bellingham, MA)
- Latin American Congress on Autoimmunity
- left atrial catheter ablation
- Licking Area Computer Association (Ohio)
- Local Authority Catering Association
- Los Angeles, California
- Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transient lupus anticoagulants associated with hemorrhage rather than thrombosis: The hemorrhagic lupus anticoagulant syndrome.
The study examined the association between adverse pregnancy outcome and the presence of three different aPLs: lupus anticoagulant [LAC], anticardiolipin antibody [aCL] and antibody to beta 2 glycoprotein I.
Patient 24 had systemic lupus erythematosus, and it has been reported that in patients with lupus anticoagulants a discrepancy in INR may occur with some thromboplastins (35) and methods (Quick vs Owren) (36).
In addition, lupus anticoagulant (LAC) had been detected eight years earlier during his cerebrovascular accident investigations.
Antiphospholipid antibodies: anticardiolipin and the lupus anticoagulant in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and in non-SLE disorders.
Lupus anticoagulant and circulating inhibitor screen tests were unable to be processed, given the presence of heparin in his serum.
The antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is characterized by the presence of vascular thrombosis, anticardiolipin antibodies, lupus anticoagulant and/or fetal loss.