The observations come from the Lunar Exploration Neutron Detector (LEND) experiment, which looks for possible water deposits by measuring neutrons emitted from the moon.
What does LEND stand for?
LEND stands for Lunar Exploration Neutron Detector (US NASA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LEND
We have 5 other meanings of LEND in our Acronym Attic
- Low-Energy Neutral Atom Imager
- Legal Environment of Business (college course code)
- Means and Standard Deviations of Carcass Length
- Learning Network on Capacity Development
- Line Equipment Number Class
- Laboratory Education from North Dakota (University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND)
- Leadership Education Excellence in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Legislative Education Network of DuPage (est. 1980; Glen Ellyn, IL)
- Lingua E Nuova Didattica
- Low Energy Nuclear Dynamics
- Law Enforcement Concentration (education)
- Lens Epithelial Necrosis Factor (ophthalmology)
- Living Earth Nigeria Foundation
- Left Engine
- Length Overall
- Length at Perpendiculars
- Length at Waterline
- Lesser Nighthawk (bird species Chordeiles acutipennis)
- Louisiana Environmental News Network
- LAN Emulation Network-to-Network Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
First results from LRO's Lunar Exploration Neutron Detector, or LEND, indicate that permanently shadowed and nearby regions may harbor water and hydrogen.
The Lunar Exploration Neutron Detector will look for regions with enriched hydrogen that potentially could have water ice deposits.