The SafeSite RTO LED area light from Dialight is now available in 100 lumens per watt.
What does LPW stand for?
LPW stands for Lumens Per Watt
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LPW
We have 26 other meanings of LPW in our Acronym Attic
- Left Portal Vein Stenosis
- Link Packetized Voice System
- Localized Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (joint swelling)
- Large Package Week (US DoD)
- Linkin Park World (fansite)
- Little Port Walter (airport code; Alaska)
- Local Position Warehouse
- Local Public Works (various locations)
- London Perl Workshop (computer programming)
- Lords of Pain Wrestling
- Ladies Professional Wrestling Association (est. 1989)
- Libertarian Party of Washington State
- Long Point Waterfowlers' Association (Canada)
- Low Power, Wide Area (network)
- Lucent Personalized Web Assistant
- Long Point World Biosphere Reserve (Canada)
- Libertarian Party of Washtenaw County (Michigan)
- Lord Peter Wimsey Companion (Dorothy L. Sayers Society; England, UK)
- Lower Penobscot Watershed Coalition (Maine)
- Left Posterior Wall Dimension
Samples in periodicals archive:
An energy efficient lamp delivers more lumens per watt for up to 4,000 hours of life.
Due out in 2010, GE's initial HEI lamps would offer nearly 30 lumens per watt, [as opposed to 12 to 17 lumens per watt for traditional A-line lamps, and 50 to 100 for CFLs] and ultimately would have efficiency levels comparable to CFLs, the company said.
Even though they're still being improved, LEDs are already in the efficiency range of fluorescent tubes, and researchers predict that they'll ultimately deliver about 150 lumens per watt in commercial applications throughout a projected lifetime of at least 70,000 hours.
They provide higher light output in confined applications and more usable lumens per watt.