For communist members of British Columbia's Lumber Workers Industrial Union (LWIU), as for communists the world over, 1935 was an important year.
What does LWIU stand for?
LWIU stands for Lumber Workers Industrial Union
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Linear Wave Interpretation Page (meteorology)
- Luxor Writing Instruments Pvt Ltd
- Long-Wave Infrared
- Lost Workday Incident Rate
- Long Wavelength Infrared Camera
- Long Wave Infrared Hyperspectral Sensor System
- Liberalized Wagon Investment Scheme (India)
- Limited Weather Information System (NAV Canada)
- Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology (Naples, FL)
- Louisville Women in Technology (Louisville, KY)
- Laser Water Jet
- Lightweight Java Game Library
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Life with Kids
- Live Weight Killed (meat processing measurement; various states)
- Shetland Islands /Shetland Isd, Scotland, United Kingdom - Tingwall (Airport Code)
- Landelijke Werkgroep Kritisch Bosbeheer (Dutch: National Working Group on Critical Forest; Netherlands; est. 1977; now known as Critical Forest Foundation)
- Laugh Wan Kill Me (Nigerian Internet slang)
- Living Waters Kingdom Ministries (Bahamas)
- Laugh Wan Kill Me Die (Nigerian pidgin Internet slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7) Gordon Hak's analysis of the IWW in British Columbia echoes McCormack's assessment by claiming that "the organizational structure of the IWW disappeared in the 1910s," although he adds that "IWW delegates continued to haunt logging camps" as organizers for the Lumber Workers Industrial Union into the 1920s.