Using the MRI prediction method was 75 percent accurate at identifying the correct diagnosis in both patients with pre-confirmed disease diagnoses and those with biomarker levels confirmed by lumbar punctures, which shows comparable overlap between accuracy of the MRI and lumbar puncture methods.
What does LP stand for?
LP stands for Lumbar Puncture
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LP
We have 111 other meanings of LP in our Acronym Attic
- Low Permeation (fuel)
- Low Point
- Low Power
- Low Pressure
- Low Priority
- Low Profile
- Low-Pass (filter, amplifier)
- Lower Order Path
- Lower Peninsula (of Michigan)
- Luff Perpendicular (sailing measurement)
- Lunar Prospector (spacecraft)
- Lunatic Posse (Quake gaming clan)
- Lycée Professionnel (French: Professional School)
- Lyceum of the Philippines
- Low Pressure Air
- Liquid Propellant Injector/Combustor
- Louisiana Power & Light Co. (New Orleans, LA)
- Lubbock Power and Light
- Logistics Policies And Procedures
- Liaison Problem and Solution
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lumbar punctures, brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, and blood and urine tests will monitor the subjects' progress over the course of ten visits.
Rebekah, who lives in Cheltenham, Glos, with husband Richard, 31, and five-month-old son Owen, had a lumbar puncture to ease the pressure.
Diagnosis is by a lumbar puncture, or a CT or MRI scan to rule out brain swelling.
Bosses at the Southern General Hospital, where the lumbar puncture was performed, insist the treatment they gave Elizabeth was "entirely appropriate".
The lumbar puncture test was 90% accurate in identifying Alzheimer's in patients already diagnosed with the disease.