Ceramides, Cruciferous Vegetables, CoQ10, and Black Cumin BACKGROUND: Diets high in fruits and vegetables have been shown to be associated with a lower risk of lung cancer.
What does LR stand for?
LR stands for Lower Risk (IUCN Red List of Threatened Species category)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LR
We have 63 other meanings of LR in our Acronym Attic
- Lorry Receipt
- Loss Ratio
- Loudness Rating
- Lovely Rita (Beatles song)
- Low Rank
- Low Rate Data (observations taken once every ten seconds)
- Low Release
- Low Repetitive
- Low Rider
- Lower Right
- Luise-Reggiannini (synchronization algorithm)
- Luther Reigns (WWE wrestler)
- Long Range Research, Development & Acquisition
- Laughing, Running and Ducking
- Positive Likelihood Ratio
- Leakage-Resilient Authenticated Key Establishment
- Local Re-Transmission Automatic Repeat-Request
- Long-Range Biological Standoff Detection System
- Light Root - Heavy Leaf
- Location Register and Internetworking Gateway
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vegetarians may be at lower risk of developing cataracts because their diets are higher in antioxidants like vitamins A and C and lutein, all of which have been associated with a lower risk of cataracts.
Men who drank six or more cups per day had a 60 percent lower risk of developing the most lethal type of prostate cancer and a 20 percent lower risk of forming any type of prostate cancer compared to men who did not drink coffee, it said.
Compared to women who did not walk, those who walked two or more hours a week had a 30% lower risk of having a stroke.
1) Compared with their counterparts whose male partners used condoms less than 5% of the time for vaginal intercourse, women whose partners used them at least half the time had a 50% lower risk of infection and women whose partners used them every time had a 70% lower risk.
In addition, preventive education has largely targeted individuals at high risk such as people with high-fat diets who are thus at a higher risk for having a heart attack, while neglecting the much larger population of individuals with moderate- or low-fat diets who have a lower risk for heart attack.
OTTAWA -- Senior men have a lower risk of dying if they are married, have higher education and are involved in community activities says a study from Statistics Canada's Health Division.