As the upper and lower motor neurons degenerate, the muscles they control gradually weaken and waste away, leading to paralysis.
What does LMN stand for?
LMN stands for Lower Motor Neuron
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMN
We have 32 other meanings of LMN in our Acronym Attic
- Link Monitoring and Management Tool (software; US DoD)
- Letter of Medical Necessity (insurance)
- Lifetime Movie Network (cable channel)
- Limbang, Sarawak, Malaysia - Limbang (Airport Code)
- Lithium Meta Niobate
- Load Modulation Network (amplifiers)
- Local Media Network (television)
- Local Mobile Node
- Lose My Number
- Lake Morton Neighborhood Association (Florida)
- Lamin AC (gene)
- Land-Based, Multipurpose Naval Aircraft
- London Merchant Navy Association (UK)
- Liga Mahasiswa Nasional Demokrasi (Malay: Democratic National Student League)
- Llower Motor Neuron Degeneration
- Lower Motor Neuron Disease
- Lesbian Mothers National Defense Fund (Washington)
- Louisiana Museum of Natural History
- Lymphomes Malins Non Hodgkiniens (French: Malignant Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With few exceptions, motor weakness fits into either an upper motor neuron or lower motor neuron pattern (Table 1).
Trauma at these levels or disruption of the lower motor neurons (LMNs) is contraindicated for phrenic nerve pacing.
ALS is a neurodegenerative disease that usually attacks both upper and lower motor neurons and causes degeneration throughout the brain and spinal cord, according to the ALS Association Web site.
Ultimately required for diagnosis are signs and symptoms of both upper and lower motor neuron involvement attributable to no other causes.
MNDs involving the upper and lower motor neurons are heterogeneous group of syndromes with various clinical presentations, most with poor prognosis.
Neurologic examination revealed that the patient had right lower motor neuron facial nerve palsy, assessed as grade III on the House-Brackmann scale.