Reflux is not caused by obstructive sleep apnea, but reflux may be facilitated by obstructive sleep apnea," she said, and called for more studies examining transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxations in obstructive sleep apnea patients.
What does LESR stand for?
LESR stands for Lower Esophageal Sphincter Relaxation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LESR
We have 1 other meaning of LESR in our Acronym Attic
- Lower East Side Productions (New York, NY)
- Lower Esophageal Sphincter Pressure
- Leon Educational Staff Professional Association (Florida)
- Lesotho School Principals' Association
- Lightweight Environmentally Sealed Parachute Assembly
- Lower East Side Performing Arts (New York)
- Liverpool Elementary School Parent Faculty Organization (New York)
- Laboratorio Estatal de Salud Pública de Hidalgo
- Lower Esophageal Sphincter
- Laser-Electron Storage Ring
- Lower Eastern Shore Research and Education Center (Maryland)
- Language for End System Services (programming language)
- Lateral Electrical Surface Stimulation
- Law Enforcement Satellite System
- Leading Edge Structure Subsystem (US NASA)
- Leading Edge Subsystem
- Least Cost Estimating & Scheduling
- Lupus Erythematosus Society of Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Lincoln English Springer Spaniel Rescue (England)
- Law Enforcement Stops and Safety Subcommittee (International Association of Chiefs of Police; Alexandria, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Apparent complete lower esophageal sphincter relaxation in achalasia.
The cause of nocturnal acid reflux events is presumably due to transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxation," said Dr.
Classic GERD is typically explained by transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxation.
Koek and his colleagues decided to treat patients with PPI therapy and baclofen, a [gamma]-aminobutyric acid type B receptor agonist / antispasmodic that has been shown to inhibit transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxation.