Additionally, she postulated that smoking may be "associated with an increased number of reflux episodes and that nicotine may reduce lower esophageal sphincter pressure, which would con tribute to excess acid/bile exposure that may consequently increase neoplastic progression risk in BE.
What does LESP stand for?
LESP stands for Lower Esophageal Sphincter Pressure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LESP
We have 9 other meanings of LESP in our Acronym Attic
- Leighton Executive Share Option Plan (Australia)
- Leveraged Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Leach's Storm-Petrel (bird species)
- Linear Electric Submersible Pump (oil production)
- Linux Easy Server Project
- Local Energy Support Programme (UK)
- Low Emission Strategies Partnership (air quality; UK)
- Lower East Side Preparatory High School (New York)
- Lower East Side Printshop (New York, NY)
- Lower East Side Productions (New York, NY)
- Leon Educational Staff Professional Association (Florida)
- Lesotho School Principals' Association
- Lightweight Environmentally Sealed Parachute Assembly
- Lower East Side Performing Arts (New York)
- Liverpool Elementary School Parent Faculty Organization (New York)
- Laboratorio Estatal de Salud Pública de Hidalgo
- Lower Esophageal Sphincter
- Laser-Electron Storage Ring
- Lower Esophageal Sphincter Relaxation
- Lower Eastern Shore Research and Education Center (Maryland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Oral medications that may reduce lower esophageal sphincter pressure include groups of drugs called nitrates (e.