The model features shingle-style rear-seat head restraints for improved visibility, three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front-seat seatbelt pretensioners and load limiters, and a rear-seat Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system for the child seats.
What does LATCH stand for?
LATCH stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (automotive)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LATCH
We have 2 other meanings of LATCH in our Acronym Attic
- Local Authority Trading Company (UK)
- Los Altos Town Crier
- Los Angeles Theatre Center (Los Angeles, California)
- Los Angeles Transportation Club (est. 1924; Long Beach, CA)
- London Air Traffic Control Centre (now London Area Terminal Control Centre; UK)
- London Area and Terminal Control Centre
- Leading Action for Textiles Clothing and Footwear (United Kingdom)
- Leeds Action to Create Homes (UK)
- Local Access to Coordinated Healthcare (est. 2002; Duke University Medical Center Division of Community Health; Durham, NC)
- Location, Alphabet, Time, Category, Hierarchy (Wurman organizing principles)
- Lutheran Alliance to Create Housing (Seattle, WA)
- Latin American Trade Council of Oregon
- Local Area Transport Control Program
- Logic, Algebra and Truth Degrees
- Leaving Air Temperature Dry Bulb
- Lemelson Assistive Technology Development Center (Amherst, MA)
- Latitude Direction
- Labour Against the Euro (Labour Party; UK)
- Latin American Theatre Ensemble
- Liaos Antes de the End (Spanish X-Files group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This dual-use seat also is LATCH equipped, which means it employs the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children system to strap the youngster's seat directly to anchors in the fold of the vehicle's seat, instead of using safety belts.