The asteroid was found during the Lowell Observatory Near-Earth-Object Search, which uses a small robotic telescope to survey large areas of the sky.
What does LONEOS stand for?
LONEOS stands for Lowell Observatory Near-Earth-Object Search
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Local Operating Network
- London - All Airports (Airport Code)
- Loss of Null (pointer indicator)
- Loyal, Organized and Nice
- League of Non-Aligned Fleets (online community)
- League of Non-Aligned Fantasy Football
- Long-Range Electro-Optical Navigation Receiving System
- Level of Need Care Assessment (University of Washington; strategy matching resources to level of need)
- Louisiana Organization of Nurse Executives (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Laboratories Over Next Generation Networks
- Longfellow National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Long Range Artillery Missile
- Long Range Fiber Optic Guided (missile)
- Long Range Fiber Optic Guided Missile
- Laboratory of Networking Group (Lehigh University; Pennsylvania)
- Long-Term Terrain Model