A review of certain low-level ionizing radiation studies in mice and guinea pigs.
What does LLIR stand for?
LLIR stands for Low-Level Ionizing Radiation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LLIR in our Acronym Attic
- Long Lead Item List
- Long-Lived Intermediate Level (nuclear radiation)
- Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies (University of Texas at Austin)
- Load Logical Immediate Low High
- Load Logical Immediate Low Low (opcode)
- Long-Lived Intermediate-Level Waste
- Low-Level Image Processing
- Long Lasting Insecticidal Net
- Low Level In/Out
- Lebanon Laclede Information Online Network (Missouri)
- Liquid-Liquid Interface Reaction Technique
- Lessons Learned Information Sharing (homeland security)
- Lessons Learned Information System (NASA)
- Low Load Insurance Services, Inc. (Tampa, FL)
- Learning Lessons Implementation Steering Committee (Department of Education and Training, Australia)
- Long-Lived In-Situ Solar System Explorer (US NASA)
- Liquid-Liquid Intermolecular Transfer
- Long-Lasting Insecticide-Treated Net (malaria prevention)
- Lancaster Lebanon Intermediate Unit (Pennsylvania)
- Laborers International Union of North America (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Studies of cancer following long-term exposure to low-level ionizing radiation are especially relevant to occupational and environmental protection standards and to compensation programs for radiation-exposed workers and veterans.
With respect to radon, they cite findings by the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements that "the most plausible relationships between low-level ionizing radiation and mutations, chromosome aberrations, and cancer are linear, with no threshold.