Further analysis determined that only half of these at-risk patients (17,732) received ACCP-recommended types of prophylaxis, which include low-dose unfractionated heparin, low-molecular-weight heparin, graduated compression stockings, and/or intermittent pneumatic compression devices.
What does LDUH stand for?
LDUH stands for Low-Dose Unfractionated Heparin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Load Distribution Unit (engineering)
- Local Delivery Unit
- Logical Disk Unit
- Long Distance Unit
- Loop Diagnostic Unit
- low distortion unit (band)
- Lowest Distribution Unit
- Light-Duty Utility Arm
- Liver Dysfunction of Uncertain Etiology
- Little Design Up Front (software design method)
- LDAP Duplication/Replication Update Protocol (IETF)
- Lightweight Directory Update Protocol (IETF/Microsoft)
- Large Diameter Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (US Navy)
- Large Displacement Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (US Navy)
- Large Display User Experience
- Large Data Volume (Salesforce)
- Laser Doppler Velocimeter
- Laser Doppler Velocimetry
- Laser Doppler Vibrometers
- Leonardo da Vinci
Samples in periodicals archive:
SUMMARY In an observational study using heparinase-modified thrombelastography, we investigated the percentage of elective cardiothoradc surgical patients receiving low-dose unfractionated heparin (5000 IU 12 hourly subcutaneously) who had a demonstrable systemic heparin effect.
2) Effect of LMWH on thrombosis A recent study compared low-dose unfractionated heparin (5,000 units) with LMWH (enoxaparin, 30 units) in preventing thromboembolism after major trauma, using deep-vein thrombosis as an outcome measure.