Isolation of a low pathogenic avian influenza virus (H7N7) from a black kite (Milvus migrans) in Egypt in 2005.
What does LPAI stand for?
LPAI stands for Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LPAI
We have 6 other meanings of LPAI in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Pedder Action Group (Tasmania, Australia)
- Light Pollution Awareness Group (Malta)
- Limestone Pavement Action Group (UK)
- Limud Parent Advocacy Group (Solomon Schechter Day School; New Jersey)
- Local Plan Advisory Group (UK)
- Lums Pond Animal Hospital (Bear, DE)
- La Petite Academy, Inc. (est. 1968; childcare; various locations)
- Lembaga Pendidikan Asuransi Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Insurance Education Institute; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Library Planning and Action Initiative (various locations)
- Logic Programming and Artificial Intelligence Research Group (Catholic University of Leuven; Belgium)
- Leading Products Association of Japan
- Law Practice of Abraham Lincoln (search engine)
- Left Posterior Axillary Line
- Left Pulmonary Artery Ligation (physiology)
- Large Pressure Amplitude and Low Frequency
- Link Pack Area Library
- Literacy Practices of Adult Learners Study
- Low Powered AM (radio license, UK)
- Local Physical Activity and Nutrition Coalition (Division of Public Health; North Carolina)
- Local Area Network Party Association of New England
Samples in periodicals archive:
Seoul, Rabi'II 20, 1433, Mar 13, 2012, SPA -- South Korea on Tuesday confirmed an outbreak of a low pathogenic avian influenza virus in chickens previously tested positive for avian flu, Xinhua quoted the government as saying Tuesday.
Although the Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) is considered an important maintenance host for low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) viruses, viral cell tropism and pathology in naturally infected birds are largely unknown.
Doctor Christianne Glossop, Wales' Chief Veterinary Officer, said the strain is H7N2 low pathogenic avian influenza, which is different from the highly pathogenic H5N1 strain currently circulating in Asia.
Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Commercial Operations Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza (LPAI) is classified as a low risk disease, and therefore organizations such as the Organization International des Epizooties (OIE), an international body that classifies and regulates animal disease, does not require it to be reported.
7 million to develop a national low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) control and prevention program and to create a set of standards for states to use in ensuring live bird markets are regulated in a uniform fashion.
In addition, the vice minister said China's restriction on the import of poultry meat from the State of Virginia was the result of delayed delivery of the strains of low pathogenic avian influenza virus by the US.