Mediterranean diets, low-carb diets, high-protein diets and low glycemic index diets - which rank foods by how quickly their carbs turn into glucose - all lowered participants' blood sugar.
What does LGID stand for?
LGID stands for Low Glycemic Index Diet
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGID
- Local Government International Bureau (UK)
- Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding (medical)
- Lacrimal Gland Interstitial Cells (microbiology)
- LG Information and Communication Ltd. (electronics company; Seoul, South Korea)
- Lieutenant Governor in Council (Canada)
- Ligand Gated Ion Channels (cell signalling)
- Line Group ISDN Controller
- Local Government Information Centre (various locations)
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channel Superfamily
- Local Government Initiative Development, Ltd. (consulting firm; est. 2002; UK)
- Local Government Information and Education Network (University of Illinois)
- Legal & General Insurance Holdings
- Local Government Information House (UK)
- Life Guard International, Inc. (air ambulance service; Las Vegas, NV)
- Loewen Group International, Inc.
- Local Government Improvement and Innovation Partnership (UK)
- Local Government Improvement Incentive Program
- Lotus Group International Limited
- Low Grade Glandular Intraepithelial Lesion
- Low-Grade Intraepithelial Lesion
Samples in periodicals archive:
Conclusions The clinical utility of a low glycemic index diet for appetite and food intake control is controversial.
In fact, low glycemic index diets have been used by elite athletes and have been shown to actually improve performance, Ms.