He added that different types of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) fighter jets, IRGC's aircraft, different mid and long-range and low altitude air defense systems were used in the drills.
What does LAAD stand for?
LAAD stands for Low Altitude Air Defense
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LAAD
We have 8 other meanings of LAAD in our Acronym Attic
- Los Angeles Aircraft Certification Office (US FAA)
- Latin American Autonomic Computing Symposium (Brazil)
- Latino Alumni Association of Columbia University (Columbia University; New York, NY)
- Left Atrial Appendage Contraction Velocity
- Latin America Aerospace and Defence (conference)
- Latin American Agribusiness Development Corporation, SA
- Les Agences Angelo D'Anello, Inc. (French: The Agencies Angelo D'Anello; Canada)
- Littoral Area Air Defense (Navy)
- Los Angeles Aircraft Division (Rockwell international)
- Low Altitude Active Deceleration (Airborne Troop Delivery Technology devised by Cytec Corporation and ATK-Thiokol)
- Latvian Authorized Automobile Dealers Association
- Leucocyte Ascorbic Acid Uptake Direct Antigen Challenge Test
- London Association of Art & Design Education (UK)
- Latin American Association of Development Organizations
- Low Altitude Airway Departure Route
- L1 and Atmospheres Archive and Distribution System (US NASA)
- Los Angeles Air Defense Sector
- Low-Altitude Air Defense System
- Low-Altitude Aircraft Detection System
- Lithuanian Association of Adult Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Gonul, the number of low altitude air defense missile systems that would be procured could go as high as 27.
As a combat correspondent for the Marine Corps, I was deployed to Djibouti, Africa with 3rd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion, a Camp Pendleton-based unit serving as the primary quick reaction force for the camp.
CAC2S will provide a common set of hardware and software that will replace the Marine Corps' current Tactical Air Command Center, Tactical Air Operations Center, Direct Air Support Center, Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion, and Marine Air Traffic Control System functions.
supported by elements of the 3rd LAAD (3rd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion) and MACS 23 and 1 (Marine Air Control Squadrons 23 and 1).
For this flight test tactical operations were performed by the Marine 3rd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion and the Marine Air Control Squadron 1.