rita Ora Probably not for the office but lovely Rita looks cute with faded ends .
What does LR stand for?
LR stands for Lovely Rita (Beatles song)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LR
We have 63 other meanings of LR in our Acronym Attic
- Logger's Run (amusement park ride)
- Logical Region (US Army battle field modeling)
- Logistic Regression (statistical analysis)
- Long Radius (pipe elbow)
- Long Reach (fiber)
- Long Rifle
- Lorry Receipt
- Loss Ratio
- Loudness Rating
- Low Rate Data (observations taken once every ten seconds)
- Low Release
- Low Repetitive
- Low Rider
- Lower Right
- Lower Risk (IUCN Red List of Threatened Species category)
- Luise-Reggiannini (synchronization algorithm)
- Luther Reigns (WWE wrestler)
- Long Range Research, Development & Acquisition
- Laughing, Running and Ducking
Samples in periodicals archive:
Which Beatle's response to getting a parking ticket was to write Lovely Rita, Meter Maid?
Sir Paul wrote: "Wishing you the very best of luck on the Lovely Rita.
His Lovely Rita bookshelf resembles a ribbon folded back on itself.
Saddlebred horses General and Lovely Rita have similar stories, with similarly happy endings.
So we had Rob Armstrong, with stethoscope as Dr Robert, his wife bedecked in black as Baby's in Black, then we had a group of Day Trippers with their rail tickets around their necks, we even had a real life Penny Lane, and the competition winner Lorraine Barker looking radiant as Lovely Rita Metre Maid.
Shore Leave paraded their lush Crosby, Stills and Nash vocal harmonies to tear-welling effect, although A Matter Of Time sounded like a direct rip-off from The Beatles' Lovely Rita and Dear Prudence.
Lovely Rita Cert 18, 80 mins subtitled First seen at last year's Film Fest, Austrian director Jessica Hausner's darkly humorous minimalist debut is a flawed but compelling bleak portrait of adolescent alienation.