Dow Jones' case was hurt after a director of the Louisiana State Employees Retirement System said in a deposition that MMAR was not responsible for losses at the fund in the early 1990s, as the article had reported, and that the pension plan had in fact made money from its account with the bond firm.
What does LASERS stand for?
LASERS stands for Louisiana State Employees Retirement System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LASERS in our Acronym Attic
- Learning About Safety by Experiencing Risk (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents; UK)
- Learning About Science, Engineering, and Research
- Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
- Linking Academic Scholars to Educational Resources
- Literacy Association South East Region (Houston, TX, USA)
- Local Access Service & Equipment Records
- London and South East Region (Air Training Corps)
- Look At Source, Erase Retina :-)
- Lots of Applied Scientists Eat Regularly
- Loose Assemblage of SouthEast Recumbent Riders
- Latin American Social Enterprise Symposium (University of Michigan)
- Louisiana Automated Support Enforcement System
- Lafayette Arts and Science Foundation
- Lame Arse Second Finder (geocaching)
- Landsforeningen Af Statsaut. Fodterapeuter (Denmark)
- Landsforeningen Af Statsautoriserede Fodterapeuter (Danish: National Association of Certified Pedicurists; Albertslund, Denmark)
- Leukocyte Adherence Stimulation Factor (immunology)
- Lietuvos Automobiliu Sporto Federacija (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Automobile Sports Federation)
- Local Authorities Superannuation Fund (Zambian pension fund)
- Los Angeles Society of Financial Analysts (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other nominees in the Public Pension Fund category were Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation, Louisiana State Employees Retirement Systems and Universities Superannuation Scheme.
Wood was Executive Director of the Louisiana State Employees Retirement System and a member of the Department of Labor's ERISA advisory council.