Byline: GARY STEWART A COUNCIL legal chief who took early retirement has gone to a tribunal claiming sex discrimination and loss of redundancy money.
What does LOR stand for?
LOR stands for Loss of Redundancy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LOR
We have 52 other meanings of LOR in our Acronym Attic
- Lock Order Reversal
- Lock-Out Relay (electric power)
- Log Odds Ratio
- Logical Operator Replacement
- London Oil Reports (petrochemical industry; UK)
- Lone Oak Ranch (Texas)
- Loral Space and Communications Company (stock symbol)
- Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- Lorton (Amtrak station code; Lorton, VA)
- Loss of Rents (Commercial Property Insurance)
- Loss of Resistance
- Loss of Revenue
- Low-Frequency Omnidirectional Range
- Lunar Orbital Rendezvous
- Level of Repair/Analysis
- Lock on Range/Target Acquisition Range
- Laing O'Rourke Australia
- Late Onset Rheumatoid Arthritis (disease)
- Legislative Open Records Act (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A refusal to train their successors would be classed as industrial misconduct and could result in premature dismissal with loss of redundancy pay and pension rights.
For example, a user may choose to move business critical applications to an alternate rack, row or even data center in the event of loss of redundancy in cooling, or may choose to leave a less critical application running in the higher risk environment.
Victorian branch assistant secretary, Yvonne Chaperon, said staff had no choice but to work without pay or risk prosecution under WorkChoices and loss of redundancy pay, long service leave, superannuation and annual leave.
CONCERNS AND CHALLENGES One significant concern with the move away from multiple copies of print documents at many libraries to one electronic copy on an agency's Web site is that the loss of redundancy can easily lead to the permanent loss of the information content.
The problem with using a multiple port NIC in the Cluster environment is a loss of redundancy.