She follows one student throughout the book and introduces the history and context of the process since its inception in the Los Angeles School District, and provides a case study of the student, his achievement results, and progress in listening and academic speaking.
What does LASD stand for?
LASD stands for Los Angeles School District (California)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LASD
We have 23 other meanings of LASD in our Acronym Attic
- Langues de Scolarisation dans l'Enseignement Fondamental en Afrique Subsaharienne Francophone (French: Languages of Schooling in Basic Education in Sub-Saharan Francophone Africa)
- Local Authorities Satellite Communications Organization (Japan)
- Light Activated Silicon Controlled Rectifier
- Light-Activated Silicon Controlled Switch
- Louisiana State Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Leadership and Self-Deception (Arbinger Institute book)
- Leechburg Area School District (Pennsylvania)
- Liquid Applied Sound Deadener (sprayed coating on frame of cars to absorb sound and vibration)
- Local Access Solutions Development (Sprint)
- Longman Active Study Dictionary (English learning)
- Los Angeles Sheriff's Department
- Local Authority Service Delivery Action Plan (Kenya)
- Local Authorities Systems Development Center (Japan)
- Lahore School of Economics (Pakistan)
- LAMPS Shipboard Element
- Large Aperture Speckle Experiment
- Laser Applications in Science and Engineering
- Lidar Atmospheric Sensing Experiment (NASA)
- limited area search engine
- Littleton Association of School Executives
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: MIRROR REPORTER CELEB chef Jamie Oliver has been told by Los Angeles school district chiefs to take his healthy eating programme elsewhere.
``An independent and transparent audit of the Los Angeles School District is exactly what we need,'' mayoral spokeswoman Janelle Erickson said.
The project eventually spreads to the entire Los Angeles school district.
``The Los Angeles school district needs to replace its culture of complacency with high expectations, shift the focus and dollars back to the classroom and start engaging parents in a meaningful way.