Born out of the idea that you and I would be better served with planning and operation functions under one roof, we said goodbye to the Los Angeles County Transportation Commission and the Southern California Rapid Transit District and hello to MTA.
What does LACTC stand for?
LACTC stands for Los Angeles County Transportation Commission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LACTC in our Acronym Attic
- Los Angeles County School Trustees Association (Downey, CA)
- Louisiana Association of Clinical Social Workers (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Last Activity (credit)
- Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (automatic transfer of ownership of crude oil)
- Library of Anglo-Catholic Theology
- Light Air Cavalry Troop
- Los Angeles City Traffic Test (brakes)
- Los Angeles College Tour, Inc.
- Lower Alloways Creek Township (New Jersey)
- Lucas Area Community Theater (Lucas, KS)
- Los Angeles Collaborative for Teacher Excellence (California; 1995-2001)
- Louisiana Association of Career and Technical Education
- Louisiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Lácteos de Honduras SA (Spanish: Honduras Dairy Company)
- Latin American and Caribbean Country Code Top-Level Domain Organization (Lima, Peru)
- Latin American Caribbean ccTLDs (Montevideo, Uruguay)
- Los Angeles City Teachers' Mathematics Association
- Los Angeles County Transit Operators Association (California)
- Latin America Corporate Travel Technology Exchange (trade show)
- Latin American Cultural Union
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 million Los Angeles County Transportation Commission deal for a historic all-female and minority-owned underwriting team.
That Washington moment, the culmination of a courtship that started in the cubicles of the Los Angeles County Transportation Commission and blossomed on the 1992 campaign trail, laid the foundation for a partnership that has seen both spouses work their way into positions of political power in Los Angeles.
``The MTA, of course, is the absolute worst agency in the history of the universe in forecasting costs and revenues,'' said Rubin, who served as chief financial officer of the Southern California Rapid Transit District from 1980 to 1993, before it merged with the Los Angeles County Transportation Commission to form the MTA.