1 billion statewide from public transit to other programs -- a decision that could force the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority to consider bonds, toll roads, tax hikes and other fundraising alternatives, officials said.
What does LACMTA stand for?
LACMTA stands for Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (California)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LACMTA in our Acronym Attic
- Los Angeles Chinese Musicians Ensemble Chorus
- Literacy Across the CurriculuMedia Focus (journal of Centre for Literacy; Canada)
- Licensed Associate Counselor of Mental Health (Delaware Department of Professional Regulation; Dover, DE)
- Libbie A Cass Memorial Library (West Springfield, NH)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History
- Local Area Coordinator for Mobilization
- Local Authority Carbon Management Programme (UK)
- Lucille A. Carver Mississippi Riverside Environmental Research Station (Iowa)
- Laboratory for Advanced Computation in the Mathematical Sciences (UK)
- Lancaster Area Council of Mennonite Schools (Pennsylvania)
- Lateral Antebrachial Cutaneous Nerve
- Lateral Antebrachial Cutaneous Neuropathy (nerve injury)
- Liberal Arts Career Network
- Local Area Communications Network
- Los Angeles Collective Network
- Louisiana Association of Crisis Negotiators (Houma, LA)
- Latin-American Conference on Networked Electronic Media
- Latin America and Caribbean Network Information Centre
- Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry
- Legal Aid Commission of New South Wales (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority was a winner.
Just ask the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), which earlier this month announced paleontological finds that it made while extending a subway line through Hollywood and into the San Fernando Valley.
LOS ANGELES, June 28 /PRNewswire/ -- At a special budget workshop today, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) board was presented with revised options for the funding of future light rail lines and bus service in light of decreased revenues as a result of the lingering recession.
Byline: ROGER SNOBLE Local View Over the past four years, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has made great strides in serving the people of the Los Angeles region with system improvements and new services.
It is up to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority to decide whether it puts more weight in a staff ranking system or in the $18-million gap between our lowest bid and the second-highest bid by Siemens.
Most recently, Transit TV and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced a 10-year contract, bringing the expected total of transit vehicles equipped with TV screens to more than 2,200.
Van Nuys, CA 91401 TRANSIT: General information: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, (213) 922-2000 Bus service: (800) 266-6883 (COMMUTE); Greyhound, (800) 231-2222 Senior/disabled services: MTA: (213) 680-0054, City Ride (818) 808-7433 (RIDE) Rail service: Metrolink, (800) 371-5465; Amtrak, (800) 872-7245 Airports: Bob Hope Airport, (818) 840-8840; Los Angeles International Airport, (310) 646-5252 (for more airports, see Page 66) UTILITIES: Water and power: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, (800) 342-5397 Gas: Southern California Gas Co.