This week, a freight truck unloaded 36,724 CDs in a Downey warehouse, allocated to the Los Angeles County library system in settlement of a September 2002 federal lawsuit that charged several top music distributors had fixed prices.
What does LACLS stand for?
LACLS stands for Los Angeles County Library System (Downey, CA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Local Authority Contaminated Land
- Logical Aspects of Computational Linguistics
- luminol-amplified chemiluminescence
- Lancashire Adult and Community Learning Alliance (UK)
- Latin-American Cinemateca of Los Angeles (California)
- Los Angeles City Lifeguard Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center (language and culture education)
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice
- Los Angeles County Law Library (Los Angeles, CA)
- Latin American Conference on Learning Objects (teaching symposium)
- Laconia Area Community Land Trust (New Hampshire)
- Land Attack Cruise Missile
- Lao Assistance Center of Minnesota (est. 1983; Minneapolis, MN)
- Left Additional Crew Member (US Air Force)
- Lift Axle Control Module (large automobiles)
- Load Accumulator With Magnitude
- Local Authority Carbon Management programme (UK)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- Los Angeles Critical Mass (cycling club; California)
- Latin American and Caribbean Movers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are 17 literacy centers throughout the Los Angeles County library system.
The existing Canyon Country library, although not as heavily used as the Valencia branch - busiest in the Los Angeles County Library system - circulated 207,000 items in 1997-98 and is considered inadequate for the demand placed on it by the growing patron population, said Sandra Duncan, the regional director of the county library system.
The library is scheduled to reopen March 8, said Nancy Mahr, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County library system.
And the Los Angeles County library system will try to secure satisfactory funding for libraries in the proposed townlike development.
Byline: Jim Skeen Daily News Staff Writer Antelope Valley College received a $60,000 grant for a project to link the school with the California State University system, College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, and the Los Angeles County library system.
It's quite a help for a 7,500-square-foot library that checked out 256,151 items in 1995-96 and has 31,000 registered card carriers, said Robert Seal, assistant regional administrator for the Los Angeles County Library system.