Byline: KAREN MAESHIRO Staff Writer An Antelope Valley man who was beaten by other inmates three times in Los Angeles County jails and required reconstructive facial surgery will receive $44,000 from Los Angeles County.
What does LACJ stand for?
LACJ stands for Los Angeles County Jail
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 2 other meanings of LACJ in our Acronym Attic
- Large Area Crop Inventory Program (US NASA)
- Los Angeles County Immunization Program
- Laboratory for Automation, Communication and Information (Canada)
- Latin American Circle for International Studies (Mexico)
- Latin American, Caribbean, and Iberian Studies (University of Wisconsin-Madison; Madison, WI)
- Leipzig Aerosol Cloud Interaction Simulator (Leipzig, Germany)
- Los Angeles Center for International Studies (Loyola Marymount University; Los Angeles, CA)
- Lycho Administrative Card Index System
- Liberal Arts Center for Instructional Technology (University of Texas at El Paso)
- Langues et Civilisations à Tradition Orale (French)
- London Association of Chicken Keepers (UK)
- Laboratoire d'Algorithmique, Complexité et Logique (France)
- Lake Clark National Park and Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Lampornis Clemenciae (blue-throated hummingbird)
- Langley Association for Community Living (Langley, BC, Canada)
- Large Allen Cognitive Levels (test)
- LASIK Assisted Clear Lensectomy
- Latin American and Caribbean Library (UIUC)
- Lauroyl Chloride
- Legal Advisory Council Limited (Bangkok, Thailand law firm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is a major component in our pursuit to reduce inmate violence within the Los Angeles County jail system," commented Lt.
Byline: TROY ANDERSON Staff Writer After spreading through Los Angeles County jails and Skid Row, a stubborn and potentially deadly skin infection is increasingly showing up in the general population, a health report released Thursday warned.
The Los Angeles County jail system is the nation's most populous, with about 20,000 inmates at any one time.
Byline: Troy Anderson Staff Writer A week of racially charged riots at Los Angeles County Jails has sparked criticism of Sheriff Lee Baca's performance, with questions arising over the management of his department and whether he has done enough to recruit and deploy his deputies.
Byline: Eugene Tong Staff Writer CASTAIC - The lockdown of Los Angeles County jails continued Monday as authorities attempted to defuse tension in the 21,000-inmate system and prevent further violence after fighting over the weekend between Latinos and African-Americans at two jails in Pitchess Detention Center left an inmate dead and dozens injured.
The rioting triggered a lockdown of Los Angeles County jails that continued Monday as authorities attempted to defuse tension in the 21,000-inmate system.
THE stomping death of inmate Chad Cochran - and seven other killings over the last two years - make clear that Los Angeles County jails remain unacceptably dangerous.