recognized the Los Angeles County Fire Department for its exemplary efforts in fighting the Southern California wildfires with the use of the Sikorsky FIREHAWK(R) helicopter.
What does LACFD stand for?
LACFD stands for Los Angeles County Fire Department (California)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LACFD
We have 1 other meaning of LACFD in our Acronym Attic
- Lead Analyst Control Function
- Leeds Art Collections Fund (est. 1912; UK)
- Los Altos Community Foundation (est. 1991; Los Altos, CA)
- Los Angeles County Fair (California)
- Low-Acid Canned Food
- Los Angeles County Filipino American Employees Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nationwide Coalition of Fisherfolk for Aquatic Reform Philippines
- Los Angeles County Farm Bureau
- Los Angeles County Flood Control District (California)
- Los Alamos County Fire Department
- Los Angeles County Federation of Labor (California)
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Large Aircraft
- Livermore Airport Citizens Group (California)
- Louisiana Association on Compulsive Gambling
- l'Association Canadienne de Gestion des Achats
- Lennox and Addington County General Hospital (Canada)
- Lake Chelan National Recreation Area (US National Park Service)
- Leukoencephalopathy, Arthritis, Colitis and Hypogammaglobulinemia (medical condition)
- Lightweight Amphibious Container Handler
Samples in periodicals archive:
SANTA CLARITA -- Firefighter Jason Hurd keeps a cool head as spokesman for the Los Angeles County Fire Department, but off-duty he sizzles, refereeing high school football games, umpiring baseball and, in winter, towing injured skiers down Big Bear's slopes as part of the volunteer ski patrol.
After the destructive firestorms in the Oakland hills and the mountains over Malibu, the Los Angeles County Fire Department became concerned about the connectivity of the mature tree canopy in the Topanga Creek watershed and ordered homeowners to remove trees.
Federal Aviation Administration, the Los Angeles County Fire Department, Six Flags California, Edwards Air Force Base, the University of Phoenix, UPS, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, FedEx Ground, Antelope Valley Hospital, Auto Simple, the California Department of Corrections, Countrywide Home Loans and High Desert Medical Group.
Westlake Village, Agoura Hills: Los Angeles County Fire Department operates battalion headquarters at Station 70, 3970 Carbon Canyon Road, Malibu, as well as Station 144 on Foxfield Drive in Westlake Village and Station 65 on Cornell Road in Agoura Hills.
Also taking part are California State University Bakersfield, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Select Personnel Services, AV Regional Occupational Programs, EDO Corporation, Federal Aviation Administration, the Los Angeles County Fire Department, Six Flags California, Edwards Air Force Base, the University of Phoenix, UPS, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, FedEx Ground, Antelope Valley Hospital, Auto Simple, the California Department of Corrections, Countrywide Home Loans and High Desert Medical Group.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department said crews have stepped up patrols in this brush fire-prone region.
``We've seen that in this fire in the Topanga-Chatsworth area,'' said Andrew Olvera, an inspector with Los Angeles County Fire Department.