I think it's amazing that they would make this decision before any of these investigations are over, especially (regarding) May Day and other police-brutality investigations in Skid Row," said Becky Dennison, co-director of the Los Angeles Community Action Network, a Skid Row advocacy group.
What does LACAN stand for?
LACAN stands for Los Angeles Community Action Network
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Los Angeles Compensation and Benefits Association (California)
- Latin American Civil Aviation Commission
- Local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee
- Los Angeles County Arts Commission (California)
- Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control
- Los Angeles County Academic Decathlon (high school)
- Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department (Los Angeles, CA)
- Lapeer Area Citizens against Domestic Assault (Lapeer, MI)
- Local Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (New Jersey counties)
- Leicester African Caribbean Arts Forum (UK)
- London Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (UK)
- Los Alamos Civil Air Patrol
- Latin America and Caribbean (region)
- Latin American Coalition Against Racism
- Lahore College of Arts and Sciences (Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan)
- Laser Applications in Close Air Support
- Latin American and Caribbean Area Studies (Binghamton University; State University of New York; Binghamton, NY)
- Livingston Area Council Against Spouse Abuse (Michigan)
- Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society for Information Science (California)
- Lower Atmospheric Composition and Temperature Experiment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Homeless and low-income residents of downtown deserve to benefit from this plan through more housing in better condition, jobs and training, and opportunities for increasing assets," says Rick Mantley, project area resident and Los Angeles Community Action Network member.
America is often held up as a beacon of human rights, but within our own shores, the reality is quite different," said Pete White, Co-Director of the Los Angeles Community Action Network.