According to the Pittsburgh-based manufacturer, the contract requires 14 Sentinel Chevron ultraviolet reactors and extra tools to be made for the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant and 15 Sentinel UV Systems for the Los Angeles Reservoir.
What does LAAFP stand for?
LAAFP stands for Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant (Los Angeles, CA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Lecture and a Film (movie club)
- Lexington Avenue Arts and Fun Festival (Asheville, NC)
- Libby Army Air Field (Arizona)
- Liberation Army Against Freedom (fictional)
- Libyan Arab Air Force
- Lori Arquilla Andersen Foundation (Des Plaines, IL)
- Love Always and Forever
- Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art (California)
- Los Angeles AFB (California)
- Los Angeles Area Fire Marshals Association (California)
- Laser Ablation Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Lakewood Accountability Action Group (California)
- Library Automation Association in Georgia
- Light Activated Adhesive Gripping (workholding technology)
- Light Anti-Aircraft Gun (gaming)
- Loose As A Goose
- Lydd Airport Action Group (UK)
- Laboratory for Advanced Applications in GlycoChemistry
- Llateral Area of the Anterior Hypothalamus
- Latin-American Aviation Historical Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the sites that still use chlorine gas are the Department of Water and Power's Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant in Sylmar and the Metropolitan Water District's Joseph Jensen Filtration Plant in Granada Hills.
PITTSBURGH -- Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE: CCC) announced today that it has been awarded a contract by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) to supply Sentinel(R) Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems (UV systems) for the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant (LAAFP) and the Los Angeles Reservoir (LAR).
A leader in the treatment and distribution of drinking water, LADWP designed a curriculum tailored to the needs of its Baja sister water agencies, and will conduct the training at its state-of-the-art Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant in Sylmar.
The chemical will be added at treatment sites throughout the city, including the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant in Sylmar, seven other existing sites and three new facilities, a council report states.
Police Chief William Bratton, Fire Chief William Bamattre, Department of Water and Power General Manager David Wiggs, and the City's Emergency Preparedness Department General Manager Ellis Stanley joined Mayor Hahn at the Sylmar Converter Station site, a power facility located near the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant, to update the public on security measures undertaken and planned for.
It is also one of LADWP's largest capital improvement projects since construction of the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant in 1986.
Business & News Editors LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 27, 2002 Largest LADWP Water Project Since the Construction of the Los Angeles Aqueduct Filtration Plant The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) today marked the completion of the Hollywood Water Quality Improvement Project, an award-winning water quality initiative that will now supply a safer and more dependable water supply to more than a half million residents in the Hollywood service area.