This recording also documents the much-admired American mezzo Lorraine Hunt Lieberson in her final Met performances (she died of cancer a few years later).
What does LHL stand for?
LHL stands for Lorraine Hunt Lieberson (opera singer)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LHL
We have 28 other meanings of LHL in our Acronym Attic
- Litres Per Hundred Kilometers (fuel consumption)
- Love, Hugs & Kisses
- Les Houches Kids Contest (France)
- Laughing Hella Loud
- Left Hepatic Lobe (liver)
- Let's Have Lunch
- Light-Heavy-Light (molecules)
- Linda Hall Library (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Lister Hill Library
- Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- Labour Hire Licensing Authority (Victorian, Australia)
- Living His Life Abundantly International (television production; Oldsmar, FL)
- Lake Hickory Learning Communities (North Carolina)
- Lake Huron Learning Collaborative (Canada)
- Links Healthy Living Centre (est. 2002; UK)
- Living Hope Lutheran Church (various locations)
- Lancaster Hotels, Land and Properties Inc. (Philippines)
- Light Harpoon Landing Restraint System (Fire Scout, VTUAV system)
- Lincoln Heights Literary Society (California)
- Living Hope Lutheran School (Minnesota)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I heard none of the world weary near-desperation that singers as different as Thomas Quasthoff and the late Lorraine Hunt Lieberson found there.
Peter Bacon Classical CDs Lorraine Hunt Lieberson/ Roger Vignoles - Mahler, Handel, Lieberson (WHLive 0013) The great American mezzo Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, whom cancer took from the world last summer, brought to this 1998 recital an example of her warmth of response to three of the composers with whom she was closely associated out of a very selective repertoire.
A few seasons ago, Lorraine Hunt Lieberson stood on the stage at Carnegie Hall before an audience largely unfamiliar with her.