Lord help us if Argentina, Afghanistan, Iraq or anyone else kicks off.
What does LHU stand for?
LHU stands for Lord Help Us
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LHU
We have 7 other meanings of LHU in our Acronym Attic
- Low-Harmonic Thyristor Rectifier
- Leanne Hughes Theatre School (Bedfordshire, England, UK)
- Local Heat Transfer Simulation (thermophysics)
- London Hotels and Travel Services (UK)
- Let's Hook Up
- Liverpool Hope University (UK)
- Load Halfword Unsigned
- Local Health Unit
- Lock Haven University (Lock Haven, PA, USA)
- London Housing Unit (est. 1987)
- Lake Harriet Upper Campus (Minnesota)
- Liverpool Hope University College (UK)
- Lock Haven University Foundation (Lock Haven, PA)
- Linotype-Hell Users Group
- Life & Health Underwriters Inc.
- Lake Highlands United Methodist Church (Dallas, TX)
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
- La Horde Vocale (French vocal group in Montreal, Canada)
- Lady Health Visitor (health care)
- Landelijke Huisartsen Vereniging (Dutch: Rural Doctors Association; Netherlands; est. 1946)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the Cheltenham Gold Cup is also staged on a Saturday, to clash with the Premier League, Five Nations rugby et al, then Lord help us.
If the shooting of a five-year-old girl doesn't do it, then Lord help us all.
If the politicians do plan to cut back further, then Lord help us if and when the next conflict arises.
And this is without mentioning the shamelessly nostalgic Eighties package tours offering us the real-life waxworks that is the likes of Hazel O'Connor and, Lord help us, Brother Beyond.
There's as much logic to their retorts as there is to what Grahame - Lord help us, she's the convener of the Scottish Parliament's Health and Sport Committee - says about Gordon Brown's backing for the idea of a Great British team.