Maritime employers must provide workers' compensation insurance under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (33 U.
What does LHWCA stand for?
LHWCA stands for Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of LHWCA in our Acronym Attic
- Lady Health Worker (Pakistan program)
- Leading Hotels of the World
- Left Hand Women (dance position)
- Linke-Hofmann-Werke (German railway)
- Liquid Hazardous Waste
- Low High Water (same as HW NEAPs)
- Longshore and Harbor Worker Act
- Lerner Health and Wellness Center (George Washington University; Washington, DC)
- Living Hope Wesleyan Church (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act
- Logan Helm Woodford Community Library (Versailles, KY)
- Lost Hills Water District (est. 1963; Lost Hills, CA)
- Lent Holy Week Easter
- Lakeridge Health Whitby Foundation (Canada)
- LEP Higgs Working Group
- Lesnik, Himmelsbach, Wilson, Hearl (advertising agency; Myrtle Beach, SC)
- Ladue Horton Watkins High School (Missouri)
- Lower High Water Interval
- Lutheran High School Westland (Westland, Michigan, USA)
- Laboratory of Hydrology and Water Management (Ghent University; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4) [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] * In addition, Congress enacted the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) to provide workers' compensation to specified employees of private maritime employers.
In its decision, the Supreme Court held that the workers in question should be considered to be employees that are covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act, 33 U.