From these patients, the researchers looked for individuals who were new users of asthma controller medications, including inhaled corticosteroids, long-acting beta-agonists or leukotriene modifiers, or IACs, and who had continuous enrollment in the IMS system for at least six months prior to having the control medication dispensed.
What does LABA stand for?
LABA stands for Long-Acting Beta-Agonist
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LABA
We have 33 other meanings of LABA in our Acronym Attic
- Low Altitude Bombardment
- Low-Angle Bombing
- Life Is A Bitch & Then You Die
- B-Lymphocyte Activation Antigen B7-1
- Latin American Boxing Association
- Latin American Business Association
- Lebanese Alliance for Breastfeeding Action
- Leicestershire Asian Business Association (UK)
- Libera Accademia Belle Arti
- Litchfield Area Business Association
- Los Angeles Bowling Association
- Los Angeles Business Advisors
- Lubbock Area Baptist Association (Lubbock, TX)
- Los Angeles Book Arts Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- Latin American Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition
- Louisiana Association of Beverage Alcohol Licensees
- Los Angeles Business Assistance Program (California)
- Low Altitude Bomb-Aiming System
- Life's A Bitch and Then You Die
- Los Angeles Business Assistance Virtual Network (open city contracts database)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 14 chapters, respiratory specialists from Europe, North America, and Australia explain the specific mechanisms of therapies like glucocorticoids, inhaled corticosteroids, long-acting beta-agonists, combination therapy, anti-infective treatments, phosphodiesterase inhibitors, biological therapies in development, and others; how the components affect disease processes; and how the drugs interact.
Despite this negative finding, "our [results] suggest that there is little difference in real-world effectiveness between an LTRA and an inhaled glucocorticoid as first-line controller therapy and between an LTRA and a long-acting beta-agonist as an add-on to an inhaled glucocorticoid," they said.
A new study has found the addition of long-acting beta-agonist therapy to be the most effective of three step-up, or supplemental, treatments for children whose asthma is not well controlled on low doses of inhaled corticosteroids alone.
Fluticasone propionate/salmeterol (Advair) is a combination product of the corticosteroid fluticasone with the long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator salmeterol.
Long-acting beta-agonists and inhaled corticosteroids have been used to treat chronic obstructive airways disease (COPD) for some time.
Until there is better evidence, combined treatment with an inhaled steroid and a long-acting beta-agonist should probably be reserved for people with severe disease.