She gives many good non-sentential examples with long vowel sounds but ignores short vowels.
What does LVS stand for?
LVS stands for Long Vowel Sound
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LVS
We have 78 other meanings of LVS in our Acronym Attic
- Liberty, Vice, San Andreas (gaming, GTA: San Andreas modification)
- Lingnan Visiting Scholars
- Linksys Voice System (telecommunications)
- Linux Virtual Server
- Liquid Vinyl Siding (various companies)
- Live Vaccine Strain
- Local Vision System
- Local Voice Service
- Logistical Vehicle System
- Logistics Vehicle System (USMC) (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Open--Syllable with a long vowel sound ending in a single vowel letter (example: me; why) c.
The long vowel sounds dictate that it be read slowly, effectively increasing the tension.