Recent special sections have addressed animal migration, protected areas, acid rain, science and public policy, the US Long Term Ecological Research network, and conservation-reliant species.
What does LTER stand for?
LTER stands for Long Term Ecological Research
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LTER
We have 3 other meanings of LTER in our Acronym Attic
- Low Temperature Expansion Material
- low thermal expansion material
- Lange Termijn Energie Opslag (Dutch: Cold and Heat in the Soil)
- Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office (University of Bath; UK)
- Learning Technologies Enrichment Program (Miami University; Ohio)
- Libtorrent Extension Protocol
- Long Term Energy Performance
- Long-Term Ecosystem Productivity
- Lowest Total Evaluated Price Technically Acceptable
- Leisure Time Exercise Questionnaire
- Long Term Ecosystem Research (International Long Term Ecological Research Network)
- Long-Term ECG (electrocardiogram) Recording (cardiology)
- Long-Term Ecological Research and Monitoring
- Language-Technology-Education Services (est. 1991; Greece)
- Long-Term Economic Statistics (research project; Japan)
- Long-Term Employment Support Services (Virginia)
- Lost Time Enterprise Team (US Navy)
- Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit (University of Southampton; UK)
- Language and Tool Experience
- Limited Term Tax-Exempt Bond Fund of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
After the team pinpointed the changes in vegetation distribution over the past 150 years, they accessed data collected since 1989 by collaborators from the Jornada Basin Long Term Ecological Research project funded by the National Science Foundation.
Extensively researched, My Water Comes From The Mountains was prepared with the Niwot Ridge Long Term Ecological Research project of the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Reasearch at the University of Colorado, in honor of the International Year of the Mountain.
Andrews Experimental Forest Long Term Ecological Research site in Western Oregon, with Professor Jeff McDonnell at Oregon State University.