In 2D mode NOAS provides the crucial long range navigation information enabling underwater vessels to steer a safe course.
What does LORAN-C stand for?
LORAN-C stands for Long Range Navigation (Revision C)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Low Range Radiation Counter
- Lutherans of Rural Area Congregations (Ohio)
- Long Range Active Detection (sonar system)
- Long Range Air Defense
- Long-Range Air Defense System
- Long-Range Radar and Display System (air traffic control system; Singapore)
- Long-Range Intercept Experiment
- Long Range Navigation
- Long Range Radio Aid to Navigation
- Long-Range Aid to Navigation
- Long Range Navigation - D Series
- Low Range Airspeed System
- Long-Range Aviation Training Support
- Learning Object Repository Access and Exchange
- Life on Ice: Robotic Antarctic Explorer (Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute)
- Long Range Alarm System
- League of Reformed Bloggers
- Lightweight Object Request Broker
- Lake Ontario Racing Council (yacht club organization)
- Language and Orientation Resource Center (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sri Avinash Chander, Chief Controller (Missiles and Strategic Systems), DRDO and Programme Director, AGNI, while addressing the Scientists after the launch, called it as a new era in the modern Long Range Navigation System in India.
Experimental analysis of overhead data processing to support long range navigation.