As of 2005, the Long Island Sound Study (LISS) reported that nitrogen discharge had fallen 25 percent, signaling both the success of regulation and the difficulty of controlling pollutants that enter the water from such diverse sources as construction sites, farms and over-fertilized lawns.
What does LISS stand for?
LISS stands for Long Island Sound Study
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LISS
We have 39 other meanings of LISS in our Acronym Attic
- Long Island Street Rod Association, Inc. (New York)
- Long Island Sound Resource Center
- Linear Structural Relations
- Library and Information Science Research Grant
- Library and Information Science Research Grant Program
- Lantcom IDHS Software Support
- Less Invasive Stabilization System
- Library Information Services System
- Linear Imaging Self-Scanning
- List Sequential
- Low Intensity Steady-State (cardiovascular exercise)
- Low Intensity Support Services (Maryland)
- Low Ionic Strength Solution (blood transfusions)
- Low-Imaging Sensing Satellite
- Lernfreude in Schweizer Schulen Anregen (German: Inspire Joy of Learning in Swiss Schools; Switzerland)
- Library and Information Studies Student Association (University of North Carolina at Greensboro)
- Long Island Single Sailor's Association
- Long Island Sound Sabre Association (yacht club; Rye, NY)
- Library and Information Science Student and Alumni Association (University of Denver; Denver, CO)
- Limit Strains for Severe Accident Conditions