Kessel successfully negotiated LIPA's acquisition of Long Island Lighting Company, which contributed to an immediate reduction in utility rates on Long Island.
What does LILC stand for?
LILC stands for Long Island Lighting Company
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LILC
We have 2 other meanings of LILC in our Acronym Attic
- Learning in Law Annual Conference (UK)
- Leeds Independent Living Accommodation Company (UK)
- Lesbian Information Library and Archives Centre (Wellington, NZ)
- Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference
- Long Island Language Arts Council (Long Island, NY)
- Low Impact Living Affordable Community (Leeds, UK)
- Lectin-Induced Lymphokine-Activated Killer
- Left Inside Linebacker (Football)
- Lasting Impressions Landscape Contractors (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- Long Island Library Conference (annual conference; New York)
- Long Island Lesbian Cancer Initiative (est. 2000; New York)
- Long Island Lighting Company
- Language Impaired Learning Disabled
- Large-Ion Lithophile Element
- Learning Industry Leaders Forum
- Lotus India Liquid Fund (formerly Lotus India Asset Management Company)
- Long Island Luxury Homes, Inc (Syosset, New York)
- Leadership In Life Institute (National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors)
- Learn Information Literacy Initiative (Elizabeth, South Australia, Australia)
- Learning in Law Initiative (est. 1998; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Long Island Lighting Company - famous for having one of the highest utility rates in the U.
Just ask the managers at the Long Island Lighting Company (LILCO), whose attempt to build Shoreham in the seventies and eighties ran headlong into an angry, unrelenting public who argued that evacuation would be impossible in the event of an accident.
In 1998, the former Brooklyn Union Gas Company merged with the Long Island Lighting company (LILCO) to form KeySpan.
The Series AA Preferred Stock, which was issued by Long Island Lighting Company, was assumed by MarketSpan pursuant to the terms of the Long Island Power Authority transaction.
Various state and/or county agencies have responded by offering energy incentives through the Long Island Lighting Company and tax modifications and financing packages, and by creating special development zones.
KeySpan was formed through the merger of the Brooklyn Union Gas Company (BUG) and the Long Island Lighting Company (LILCO).
NEW YORK, May 29 /PRNewswire/ -- KeySpan Energy Corporation (NYSE: KSE) combined today with Long Island Lighting Company (NYSE: LIL) to form MarketSpan Corporation (NYSE: MN), a new holding company dedicated to market growth in the Northeast as well as investments in energy in North America and abroad.