Charles Belcher of Virgin Trains has worked hard to get his Virgin Trains West Coast operation up to speed (literally), but the needs of long distance operators are only part of the railway picture.
What does LDO stand for?
LDO stands for Long Distance Operator
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LDO
We have 41 other meanings of LDO in our Acronym Attic
- Lebanese Development Organization
- Legal Day One (mergers and aquistions)
- Lei de Diretriz Orçamentária (Brazilian Budget Master Law)
- Licensed Dispensing Optician
- Light Diesel Oil (petroleum)
- Like, Duh, Obviously
- Limited Defensive Operations
- Limited Duty Officer
- Listed Derivatives Operations (UK)
- Local Development Officer (Nepal)
- Long Duration Orbiter
- Low-Dropout (regulators)
- Luminescent Dissolved Oxygen (scientific technology for measuring oxygen in water)
- Lunar Discovery Orbiter
- London Dog Owners Association (Ontario, Canada)
- Louisiana Division of the Arts
- Low-Dose Oral Administration
- Last Day of Classes
- Long Distance Operational Control (aviation)
- Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Samples in periodicals archive:
GNER continued to show the worst punctuality figures of any of the long distance operators.
End users are now demanding better service and better rates: Telgua, the former telecom monopoly, has begun sending out letters to its customers explaining that in 40 days they will have the opportunity to choose the long distance operator that best meets their price and service demands.