The law wasn't equal when it came to Savile, a predator who got away with so much for so long because he was allowed to operate beyond the long arm of the law.
What does LAL stand for?
LAL stands for Long Arm of the Law
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LAL
We have 93 other meanings of LAL in our Acronym Attic
- Lightning Activity Level (used for wildfire prediction)
- Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate
- Lithuanian Airlines
- Live a Little
- Live A Live (video game)
- Live and Learn
- Livearealabs (Seattle, WA)
- Livonia, Avon and Lakeville Railroad
- Local Analog Loopback
- Lock and Load
- Longacre Lea (theater company; Washington, DC)
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Los Angleles Lakers (basketball)
- Lots 'a' Luv
- Luonnontieteiden Akateemisten Liitto (Finnish: Natural Sciences Academic Association)
- Light Aircraft Landing Area (aviation)
- Lillooet Area Library Association (Lillooet, British Columbia, Canada)
- Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate Assay
- Los Angeles Lounge Association (band; Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This week sees Martin Kemp joining in the fun on a German lottery programme; police officers Lucy and Sonya reveal how powerful the long arm of the law can be, and boozy thespian Bridget Eccles plugs her new movie on Ruby Wax's chat show.
But the long arm of the law caught up with the thugs who carried out the attack when intrepid police dog Bach tracked them down from the back of a shop to a railway embankment where pounds 750,000 worth of jewellery, weapons and clothes were recovered.
THE long arm of the law is failing to reach the most dangerous organised crime gangs, Britain's most senior police officer has warned.
uk/rememberwhen BILLINGHAM LIFESAVERS: The long arm of the law brought a glittering prize to top Billingham lifesavers in November 1987.
Sun-blessed Pages 3 & 11 Thurstonland PUPILS at a district village primary school came across the long arm of the law - and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
Courbis knew the long arm of the law would be reaching out for him after losing his appeal against a jail sentence.
But surely, the long arm of the law has been a bit heavy-handed with jobless Stewart Smith.