Researchers know that the mutant gene responsible for this disorder lies on the long arm of chromosome 5.
What does 5q stand for?
5q stands for Long Arm of Chromosome 5
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Five Letter Code Groups (amateur radio)
- Five-Levels-Of-Metal (integrated circuit wafer technology)
- Machinery, Manpower, Material, Measurement, and Method
- 5 Million Hectare Reforestation Programme (Vietnam)
- 5th Michigan Regiment Band (The Fighting Fifth)
- Five Minute Warning (Freenet)
- Fifth Normal Form
- Short Arm of Chromosome 5
- Five Panel Folder (corrugated box style)
- Search, Silence, Segregate, Safeguard, Speed to the rear (processing EPWs)
- Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke (Japanese quality improvement philosophy)
- Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain (business methodology)
- Sorting, Simplifying, Sweeping, Standardizing, and Self-Discipline (quality control)
- Fifth Special Forces Group (Airborne, Ft. Campbell, Kentucky)
- 5-sense Hotel Brand (marketing strategy)
- 5 Seconds of Summer (Australian band)
- Five Vector Model
- Fifth Wheel Recreational Vehicle
Samples in periodicals archive:
Leon at the University of Costa Rica in San Jose, and Mary-Claire King at the University of California, Berkeley mapped a gene for deafness to the long arm of chromosome 5.