Teachers in these schools are paid London weighting allowance - pounds 5,412 a year in Inner London, pounds 3,529 in Outer London and pounds 1,038 in the "Fringe" areas.
What does LWA stand for?
LWA stands for London Weighting Allowance (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LWA
We have 52 other meanings of LWA in our Acronym Attic
- Lee Weil Associates, Inc (Chicago, IL)
- Lee, Wei, Amato (Reliability Model)
- Left-Wing Alliance (politics)
- Lernen, Wissensentdeckung Und Adaptivität (workshop)
- Light Weight Aggregate
- Lightly Wounded in Action (historical battle terminology)
- Limited Work Authorization
- Little Witch Academia (anime)
- Living with Autism (various locations)
- Long Wavelength Array (US Navy)
- Lost Wages Assistance (unemployment assistance)
- Lottery Winners Anonymous (fictional support group from the TV show Life)
- Lungujja Women's Association (Uganda)
- Lake Wylie Athletic Association (Lake Wylie, SC)
- Land Withdrawal Amendment Act of 1992
- Large Wide Aperture Array
- Leaky-Wave Antenna Array
- Louise Withers and Associates (est. 2002; Australia)
- Louisiana Wildlife Agents Association (Baton Rouge, LA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is also a London weighting allowance of pounds 4,308.
Council workers in London will be the first to take action, walking out for a series of selective strikes over the next two weeks as part of a long-running campaign over London Weighting allowances.
Dave Ward, deputy general secretary of the Communication Workers Union, claimed local managers were 'attacking, humiliating and belittling' union members who took official strike action two weeks ago in a row over London Weighting allowances.
Mr Crozier insists an increase in London Weighting allowance is at the centre of the dispute and says it will not be improved.
He insisted that an increase in the London Weighting allowance, which is at the centre of the dispute, would not be improved despite the worsening dispute.
In a separate dispute, London postal workers voted in favour of strike action over the London weighting allowance.
Meanwhile, the Transport and General Workers Union announced that council workers in London would take fresh industrial action next month as part of a campaign to increase the London weighting allowance to pounds 4,000 a year.