He started his television career at London Weekend Television in 1980 doing documentaries on youth culture in London, and his broadcasting career blossomed from there.
What does LWTV stand for?
LWTV stands for London Weekend TeleVision (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
We have 1 other meaning of LWTV in our Acronym Attic
- Lift Weights to Lose Weight
- Lake Wendouree Tourist Park (Australia)
- Liquid Waste Treatment Plan/Plant
- Large Whale Take Reduction Plan
- Liquid Waste Transfer and Storage (Chalk River Laboratories; Canada)
- London West Training Services (UK)
- Light Weight Tactical Strike Fighter
- Lady With the Spinning Head (U2 song)
- Load Wheel and Torsional Shaft Suspension
- Linked Work Training Trust (UK)
- Land Warfare University
- Literatur in Wissenschaft und Unterricht (German: Literature in Science and Teaching)
- Lithuanian Workers' Union (trade union)
- Local Water Utility (Local Government and Shires Associations; New South Wales, Australia)
- Logical Work Unit
- Longwood University (Farmville, VA)
- Local Water Utilities Administration (Philippines)
- Lightweight User Interface Toolkit (Sun Microsystems)
- Less Widely Used and Less Taught (in reference to languages)
- Long Wave Ultra Violet (wavelength)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, when he wasn't interviewing US presidents, David Frost was busy shaping TV, either jetting around the world to host assorted TV programmes, helping to form London Weekend Television, or giving comedy greats such as John Cleese, and Ronnies Barker and Corbett their big breaks.
It was through the London Weekend Television series Search for a Star in 1981 that Joe first became known to British TV audiences as a singer and impressionist, and his success on the show led to appearances at the London Palladium and a month-long season at London''s Talk of the Town.
He also performed in 12 Royal Variety Shows and had a brief stint as a chat show host on London Weekend Television in 1982.
Now London Weekend Television have decided to prolong my agony hy bringing the thing back for a second series, starting this weekend.
Amicus and BECTU members at London Weekend Television, Yorkshire TV, 3sixtymedia and Granada will start strike action at 7am tomorrow until 7pm on Saturday, disrupting ITV productions in London, Manchester and Leeds and causing delays and cancellations in the filming schedules of Emmerdale, Heartbeat and Coronation Street.
LONDON WEEKEND Television have been commissioned to produce a controversial one-hour drama for Channel 4 that lifts the lid on football sex scandals.
Other special guests include a crew from London Weekend Television who will be filming the dinner for a forthcoming documentary about Ian McCaskill's diet and weight loss.