This was a much used general thoroughfare which was actually owned by the London Midland Scottish Railway and later British Rail.
What does LMS stand for?
LMS stands for London Midland Scottish Railway
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LMS
We have 357 other meanings of LMS in our Acronym Attic
- Local Monitoring Station
- Location and Monitoring Services
- Lockheed Martin Services
- Loctite Material Specification (adhesives)
- Lodging Management System
- Logistics Management Specialist
- Logistics Management Support
- Logistics Management System
- London Market Systems (UK)
- London Mathematical Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
The station was opened by the London Midland Scottish Railway Company on January 2, 1939, to serve new housing.
The museum held its first "Cab It" event on the weekend of November 19 and 20, when people of all ages boarded the cabs of the British Railways Class 4 tank engine No 80079; the London North Eastern Railway `Q7' No 901; North Staffordshire Railway `New L' No 2 and London Midland Scottish Railway `Crab' 2-6-0 No 2700.