He has feet firmly placed in the zones of mainline hard bop, free-blowing and completely abstract improvisation alike, and is currently a member of the London Improvisers Orchestra.
What does LIO stand for?
LIO stands for London Improvisers Orchestra (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LIO
We have 23 other meanings of LIO in our Acronym Attic
- Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Leadership Interdiction Operations (various countries)
- Legal Information Online
- Lesser Included Offense
- Limon, Costa Rica (Airport code)
- Lithium Organic (battery)
- Load In/Out
- Local Infrastructure Organisation (UK)
- Local Intelligence Officers (England)
- Lock In/Lock Out
- Low Input/Output (printers)
- Low Intensity Operations
- Laser-Induced Opto-Acoustic Spectroscopy
- Laser-Induced Optical Breakdown (physics)
- Legal Issues on Burma (journal)
- Love in Our Bond (Phi Mu Sorority Parting Wish to Fellow Sisters)
- Low Income Oversight Board (California)
- Lanka Indian Oil Corporation (Sri Lanka)
- Logical Input/Output Control System
- Long Island Occupational and Environmental Health Center (New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The final track is Lol on soprano withe his co-composer Steve Beresford conducting the London Improvisers Orchestra at the Red Rose Club in Finsbury Park in 1999.