THE Government yesterday scrapped the franchise deal for the Scotland to London east coast rail route because of the financial crisis engulfing the parent firm of operator GNER.
What does E stand for?
E stands for London East (postcode, United Kingdom)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of E
- Expectation (mathematics; probability theory)
- Explorer (Microsoft)
- Exposure Level
- Extra (as in extra fine)
- Failing Grade (used instead of or in addition to F)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Glutamate (amino acid)
- Have Directed Traffic (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- New Brunswick (Canada Post designation)
- Special Delivery (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Special Electronic Installation (US Military aerospace mission designation)
- Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin)
- Total probable error
- Undenominated United States Stamp (25 cents, introduced 3 Apr 1988)
- Volt (electronics)
- Young's Modulus (of elasticity)
- Evasion And Escape
- Errors and Omissions Excepted
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: TOMMY SHERIDAN UPSETS in this election will be few and far between, but my outside bet for just such an upset is George Galloway in the London East End seat of Bethnal Green and Bow.
But Halifax, Galashiels and Central London East are the unluckiest regions.