Korter's new research combines THz experiments with new computational models that accurately account for the effects of the London dispersion forces to predict crystal structures of various substances.
What does LDF stand for?
LDF stands for London Dispersion Forces (intermolecular bonding strength)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LDF
We have 120 other meanings of LDF in our Acronym Attic
- Legislative Defense Fund (various organizations)
- Lesotho Defense Force
- Liberian Development Foundation Inc (Greenbelt, MD)
- Lightweight Digital Facsimile
- Load Distribution Factor (transportation research)
- Local Density Function (solid-state physics)
- Local Development Framework
- Local Distribution Facility
- Local Distribution Frame
- Logical Data File
- Loss Development Factor (insurance)
- Low Density Factor
- Low Density Fiberboard
- LuraDocument Format (file extension)
- Lyme Disease Foundation, Inc.
- Lake Dillon Fire Authority (Dillon, CO)
- Land Disposal Flexibility Act of 1996 (US EPA)
- Lawton Dog Fanciers Association (Lawton, OK)
- Linear Discriminant Function Analysis
- Local Development Finance Authority
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dispersive component refers to London dispersion forces, and specific interactions refer to the polar, ionic, electrical, metallic, and acid-base interactions.