With the announcement, Hitachi is enabling companies of all sizes to truly realize the business benefits of Application Optimized Storage solutions, as now even the smallest companies can enjoy the benefits of virtualization by optimizing the performance of their most pressing business applications--such as Microsoft Exchange or Oracle Financials--utilizing the Logical Partitioning capabilities of Hitachi's integrated new fleet of midrange offerings.
What does LPAR stand for?
LPAR stands for Logical Partitioning
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LPAR
We have 4 other meanings of LPAR in our Acronym Attic
- Lifetime Physical Activity Program (est. 1912; Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Lymphocyte Phosphatase Associated Phosphoprotein (biochemistry)
- Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, Inc.
- Low Power Amplifier and Power Supply
- Love Poems and Quotes
- Large Phased-Array Radar
- Linux for Power Architecture (IBM)
- Local Partitioning
- Logic for Programming Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (Conference)
- Logical Partition (mainframes)
- Long-range Phased Array Radar
- Loma Prieta Amateur Radio Club (California)
- Lockheed Palo Alto Research Laboratory
- Little Plastic Animals Rights Movement
- Liquid Propellant Action Response Team
- La Purisima Audubon Society (Lompoc, CA)
- Laser Perimeter Awareness System
- Laser Photo-Acoustic Spectroscopy
- Long Path Absorption Spectroscopy
- Low Power Auxiliary Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AIX development team came late to the logical partitioning game, and the iSeries development team has once again bailed out IBM's precious Unix line.
While Workload Management falls short of the hardware and logical partitioning found in IBM AS/400s and mainframes, it is a significant improvement over past AIXes, which essentially had no features to help system administrators keep applications from butting heads and running away with system resources.
Under the agreement, IBM will offer VMware ESX Server virtual machine software with dynamic logical partitioning with select eServer systems.
The logical partitioning that comes in OS/400 V4R4 (which has more than twice the code of OS/400 V4R3 thanks in large measure to this feature and universal database extensions to the AS/400's integrated relational data base management system, DB2/400) is similar in concept to the mainframe logical partitioning that is available to customers using IBM's flagship OS/390 operating system, but it is implemented quite differently.